It is more blessed to give ..
[Luke 6:38, 2 Corinthians 9: 6-15, Proverb 11:24]
Giving is the heartbeat of the Lord God the father. In all his works he was always giving to human, his creation. Right from the very beginning of the bible, God so loved human being that he was always giving to him.
Have you ever pondered why God first call into being day and night, water, vegetation, lights, animals and fishes before creating human being as his last creature. He knew human being would need water to drink and for other uses, day to work and night to rest, vegetation, fishes and animals for food and amusement. He gave all to humanity to dominate and use them as necessary. He eventually gave us His best, His only begotten son Jesus Christ (John 3:16).
What then is giving?
- Giving is the act of reaching out to other people
- It is the act of sowing seed into the kingdom
- It is the act of keeping your treasure in heaven
- It is the act of benevolence to others i.e. showing kindness, relieving others of their burden, extending hand of fellowship, wiping away tears etc.
Why is giving necessary?
It is the heartbeat of the Lord. God gave all and expected us to do the same.
It is commanded by God and for our blessing:
- Deut. 15:10 Thou shall surely give him, and thine heart shall not be grieved when thou givest unto him: because that for this thing the Lord thy God shall bless thee in all thy works, and in all that thou puttest thine hand unto.
- Acts 20:35 In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
- Deut. 15:7 If there be among you a poor man of one of thy brethren within any of thy gates.... thou shalt not harden thine heart, nor shut thine hand from thine poor brother.
To honour God:
- Proverbs 3:9-10 Honor the Lord from your wealth and from the first of all your produce; so your barns will be filled with plenty and your vats will overflow with new wine.
To sow seed for good harvest:
- 2 Corinthians 9:10 Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness;
So That you shall not lack:
- Proverbs 28:27 He who gives to the poor will never want, but he who shuts his eyes will have many curses.
- Malachi 3:10 "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this," says the Lord of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.
- Proverbs 22:9 He who is generous will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor.
To whom should I give?
- To the house of the Lord – Malachi 2:10
- To the Poor among you - Deut.15:7
- To whomsoever you are in power to assist - Proverb 3:27
How should I give?
- Bountifully - 2 Corinthians 9:6
- Cheerfully - 2 Corinthians 9:7
- Willingly - 1 Chronicles 29:9
- According to how God has blessed you - Deut. 16:7
- Secretly - Matthew 6:3-4
- To the glory of God - 1 Corinthians 10:31
What do I give?
- Godly counsel
- Word of God
- Your intellect
- Giving is mandatory to all genuine children of God.
- Remember some of those who gave in the bible and their reward for it.
- Abraham gave his most treasure (Isaac) to the Lord and He made him a father of nations
- The widow of Zarephat gave out her last meal to the Prophet and her barrel of meal wasted not and her cruse of oil failed not. Joseph used his dream gift for the king and he became the prime minister
- Peter lent his boat to Christ and he had bumper harvest thereafter.
It is highly rewarding to give because God will never forget your labor of love. When you give to God or according to his word you are sowing to reap in multiple fold. If you keep unto what you have without giving out, there will not be enough room for God to multiply you.
We Care Ministry is a ministry for giving. Your assignment for the Lord in this ministry is serve the Lord with all you have.
Proverbs 11:24-25 There is one who scatters, and yet increases all the more, and there is one who withholds what is justly due, and yet it results only in want. The generous man will be prosperous, and he who waters will himself be watered.
James 2:15-16 If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?
Would you like to make a donation?
WE CARE of Mountain of Fire & Miracles Int'l
Bank: Lloyds Bank
Sort Code: 30-93-83
Account Number: 49448960